July 27, 2012

The Best 4-Letter Word

REST just might be the best 4-letter word I know!  This week was full of busy-ness. At first I felt focused and accomplished as I balanced my personal life, work, training & checking things off my "to-do" list.  As the week went on, I began feeling the swell of (self imposed) pressure to get "everything" done.    One thing that "got done" was creating a space for my spiritual practice. Whenever I felt hurried, overwhelmed or spent after a workout it was great to have a place of my own to simply BE.  In this space I do whatever I want to reconnect with the current of peace and calm within me. I pray, dance, color, nap...whatever I am moved to do.  Even if its just for a few minutes, this time and space ALWAYS refuels me.  For this I am thankful!


No comments: