June 9, 2012

I Finished the Tour de Cure!

What a DAY!  I completed a 25 mile cycling event.  It was great is so many ways!  At NO POINT did I feel like I couldn't complete it!  When my butt hurt,which it did, I adjusted. When my left hamstring cramped...I stretched it.  When the headwinds came on a 3 mile incline I worried a bit.  I slowed down....a lot...then realized it might be better to power through it and get it over with.  Then my foot slipped off the pedal and I lost my balance.  Fortunately I stayed on the bike and eeked my way to the top of that lil' hill.  At the halfway marker I had the best 10 minute massage/ stretch ever!  Thank you Kaylee from Eagle Gate College.  Then I learned that my bike didn't have enough air in the tire...by A LOT...haha!  Thanks Jeff from Guthrie for hooking me up.  Oranges and peanut butter & honey sandwiches never tasted soooo good.  All in all the views were wonderful and the other riders where so cheerful.  The only thing that I felt a bit sad about was, as I looked around I quickly realized that I was the only black person in sight which was unfortunate since diabetes is SUCH a big issue in the Afro-Am community. 
Go Red Rider!
The ride back was windy as all get out but better, timing-wise, than the trip out. I was tearful as I rounded the last corner and saw the finish line.  I felt proud and thankful for the prayers and words of encouragement I have received.  Please enjoy today's Unstoppable Song:

No comments: