June 23, 2012

Is Walking Enough?

Today I completed a 5K among friends.  I am so proud of what was accomplished.  It's funny, at one point,  I wondered if walking was enough of a workout for me. Then I saw my silhouette on the concrete and noticed some sexy physical changes in my body.  Every step I've taken - in the past few months - brought me to this wowee moment.  So yes...walking is enough.  It's enough because it's a start.  It's enough because it was better than me sitting on the couch doing nothing about being pre-diabetic.  It's enough because now that I can do so much more, I can support someone who's taking the first steps on their journey and feel like 3.1 miles was, literally, a walk in the park for me. It's cool to be healthier & more able to serve. I feel smiley happy in this moment and I'm looking forward to what's next.


No comments: