July 11, 2012

Late Bloomer

This week I started my very first solo garden...yup...midsummer.  Better late than never right?   As everyone knows, I LOVE to cook, especially with fresh organic ingredients so I guess it was about time to embark on this journey.  My friend and local gardening expert, Brandie, came over and made it soooo crazy easy to get started.  Gotta love that, eh! We planted purple beans, red potatoes, okra, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and garlic.  I also saved some raggedy parsley, chives, green onions, lemon balm and mint plants that were on the outs.  We were done in 45 minutes!  I water once daily and should see some results within a week or two.  Easy breezy fun!

Brandie, poised to plant potatoes

2 comments:

Tiger said...

I feel happy that you are working in the garden, and planting. :D I am proud of you Hayati.

Unknown said...

Check-this-out...

Yes, earthling, Im an NDE
(thus, my ethereal nomenclature) -
so I actually know God exists:
He rewards those who HONOR n RESPECT
Him and strive to follow His Laws;
for those who wanna know what
Seventh-Heaven holds for your
indelible, magnificent soul whom
God has so carefully crafted -
and if you're not too concerned
with WWIII and N. Korea,
you better follow us:

Find-out what RCIA means and join.
trustNjesus.
ALWAYS.
God bless your indelible soul.